Effective March 19, 2020, Pennsylvania’s Governor, Tom Wolf, Ordered Closure of Non-Life-Sustaining Businesses (Closure Order). Wire-Mesh Products applied for an Exemption to the Closure Order based on our role as a critical supplier to various Life-Sustaining Businesses and a Critical Infrastructure Industry designated by the Department of Homeland Security whose employees are considered Essential Employees during the COVID-19 Response. On March 23, 2020, Wire-Mesh Products received an Exemption from Governor Wolf’s Closure Order.
As such, Wire-Mesh Products will continue to operate during the Closure Order. We will continue to meet our obligations while strictly implementing social distancing and mitigation measures during this crisis. We have already implemented various steps in our plants to reduce the exposure potential of our employees and the general public:
- We have posted and distributed guidelines from the CDC regarding mitigation strategies
- We have banned all travel, and no visitors are permitted in the facility.
- Truck drivers are instructed to stay in their vehicles and are not permitted in the facility.
- All employees capable of working from home are working remotely.
- Hand sanitizing locations have been added and social distancing protocols have been implemented.
- Facilities are disinfected up to 3 times every day.
These measures will protect not only our employees but also the general public. These actions will also help prevent exposure to this virus. With our continued operations, we will be able to supply the critical industries that depend on our products.
We want to thank our customers for their support as we strive to offer the best experience possible while responding swiftly to a changing situation. We also wish to thank our dedicated team of employees. We are facing a national crisis, and we will continue to implement all reasonable measures to protect the safety and general well-being of our employees and the public. We are in this together, and together we will help support America in its fight against COVID-19.
All our best to you, your employees and your families.
Wire Mesh Products, Inc.